Clearly see your priorities and enjoy your life! 😉 Here is a new inspiring topic to talk about until you find all the right solutions so welcome back dearest friends everywhere: the US, the UK, Cyprus, France, Italy, India, South Africa, Malaysia, Nigeria, Germany, Brazil, Netherlands, Qatar, Croatia, Pakistan, Canada, Tanzania, Australia, China, Taiwan, Ukraine, Bangladesh, Thailand, Cameroon, Hungary, Colombia, Mexico, Poland, Chile, Ecuador, Ireland, Uruguay, Turkey, Philippines, South Korea, Denmark, Bulgaria, Portugal, Indonesia, Argentina, Kenya, the UAE, Hong Kong, Greece, New Zealand, Iraq, Portugal, Costa Rica, Mauritius, Vietnam, Russia, Egypt, Bahrain, Finland, American Samoa, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Congo- Kinshasa, Hungary, Belgium, Serbia, Poland, Japan, Trinidad & Tobago, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, El Salvador, Réunion, Nepal, Belarus, and all! 😉
Maybe you all know the story of the substitute teachers in CA or maybe you don’t. The reason that it is good to know about it is that you might be saved if you’re thinking of becoming one, or you might save someone who is falling for this trap.
Substitute teachers are not protected against getting sick; therefore, it makes sense that they would stay away from schools instead of getting themselves exposed to any virus or ailment especially with all the warnings against the new Delta virus even if they were vaccinated.
Other cons include:
– No fair pay. In reality you need to pay in order to cover your expenses for this kind of job.
– No benefits meaning no pension no medical benefits no incentives no benefits whatsoever so basically you’re working for free.
– No promotion no over-time
– Long hours of standing and draining your brain.
– No time for planning your lessons for your students.
– Exhausting you with adding to the teacher’s normal duties.
– No simple certification process to promote you to a teaching position although they convince you that one day you will be a full-time teacher which will never happen.
– In some schools, you’ll be treated disrespectfully since you are not considered part of the school.
Do you see how complicated the problems are? None of the substitute teachers received a stimulus check. If you are optimistic you might think of doing this work if the pay increased, but the pay hasn’t increased in decades on purpose 🙄