Beware of those who keep pushing you to the edge and then accusing you of being an extremist. Beat them by being moderate all the time! 😉 Hello and welcome back dearest friends from the US, India, and Canada! 😉
For sure, you’ve heard the expression: “He drives you nuts”, so where did that come from, and what is the relationship between nuts and being crazy?
A website about the origin of this expression stated that during the 1800, the word “nut” was used to refer to the head in slang, then it was altered to the one who has unstable head like a crazy person. From there the usage spread to express craziness.
On the contrary, nuts are known to be appreciated by people. Most of the people like eating nuts; whether it is pistachio, almond, hazelnuts, or others, you certainly have your own preference. As a nutritional food, it is full of healthy elements to your body and your mind.
Some fruits and seeds that do not meet the botanical definition are nuts in the culinary sense such as:
- Almonds are the edible seeds of drupe fruits — the leathery “flesh” is removed at harvest.. Brazil nut is the seed from a capsule.
- Candlenut (used for oil) is a seed.
- Cashew is the seed of a drupe fruit with an accessory fruit.
- Chilean hazelnut or Gevuina
- Macadamia is a creamy white kernel of a follicle type fruit.
- Malabar chestnut
- Pecan is the seed of a drupe fruit
- Mongongo
- Peanut is a seed and from a legume type fruit (of the family Fabaceae).
- Pili nut is the seed of the tropical tree Canarium ovatum which grows in the Philippines, Indonesia and Papua New Guinea.
- Pine nut is the seed of several species of pine (coniferous trees).
- Pistachio is the partly dehiscent seed of a thin-shelled drupe.
- Walnut (Juglans) is the seed of a drupe fruit
- Yeheb nut is the seed of a desert bush, Cordeauxia edulis
Do you like the nuts? What kind of nuts do you like the most? Tell us more about your preferred nuts and why you prefer it over others. 🙄