Babies! Aren’t they precious! Thank you for being here. Welcome friends from the US, Canada, Czech Republic, Serbia, New Zealand, Montenegro, and China 😉
Shall we continue what we started yesterday?! Sure, some of you seem to be eager and waiting for more about this subject.
Again, some people would like to have a baby-girl or a baby-boy for some reason, and we mentioned few of them. As for the different kinds available now in the market, it seems that they grew in numbers compared to our last decade.
Basically there is two channels: before-conception methods or after-conception methods. All the methods in the first channel use sperm sorting. As you know the sperm either carries Y or X chromosome, which decides if the baby is going to be a girl or a boy.
Men determine the sex of a baby depending on whether their sperm is carrying an X or Y chromosome. An X chromosome combines with the mother’s X chromosome to make a baby girl (XX) and a Y chromosome will combine with the mother’s to make a boy (XY).
Sperm sorting is choosing the sperm which carries the Y or the X chromosome according to the wishes of the parents. This process can be done through four techniques:
– The Micro Sort technique: by separating the two kinds of sperms, and placing the wanted ones in the mother’s body.
– Sperm Spinning technique: It is done in the lab by increasing the number of the sperms carrying the desired gender & placing it in the mother’s uterus.
– Shettles technique: it is concerned with the timing of the intercourse, but assuming the Y sperms have shorter life span, although faster than others.
– Whelan technique: it depends on the timing of ovulation and the intercourse.
After conception channel contains two techniques:
– IVF [in vitro fertilization]
– PGD [Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis]
Now, you’re thinking, I wonder how much it would cost to do this or that? What kind of risks the mother may have? And other questions of course it is not an easy decision to take but we can talk about it tomorrow.
Until then, why don’t you check on what you’ve missed in our topics? Always with our love & kisses ❤