We are alive, how about you?! 😉 Welcome back dear friends from the US, Canada, India, Ukraine, the UK, Germany, Kenya, Hungary, Bangladesh, Ghana, Jordan, Russia, France, Chile, and Romania 😉
Here’s what happened:
- Hello, yes, who is it?
- This is Christopher from the Grants Dept.
- Federal Grants Department.
- Who do you want?
- This is Sophie not Sophia, are you sure that you have the right name?
- Yes. You are selected for this grant coz you paid your taxes on time, and you never had any financial problem with the government, and your finances are good. This money is not refundable. It’s a grant you can do a project or anything else with it. It’s $ 9200,00.
- All right. Do you want me to pay money for any party or fees?
- No. Not at all. You’d only be given a code and a phone number where you’d contact my super and he will take you to the next step. But you have to call this number now coz the code is valid only for the current nominees.
- Ok, what is the number?
- It’s 518-418-7965 and the code GG1006
- All right, I will.
- Hello this is the Fed office for Grants.
- Hi my name is Sophie and I was contacted by Christopher and given this code.
- Great. Give me one sec to pull the file.
- All right. As he explained to you. This is non-refundable money. $ 9200. Federal office will not send you this money by check due to many bad incidents happened to checks by mail, but if you have any Moneygram office near you, we can transfer the money electronically. Moneygram offices can be available also at Seven Eleven or other stores in your area. In order to get your money, you’ll need to have $ 200 in hand, when you are in the store. You’re not going to pay anything though, just you’ll give them a code, and you’ll have the money in your hand. Then the money will be released to you.
- What? I don’t understand? Why don’t you send a check if you ‘re a gov office as you say?
- It is stolen in the mail, and we don’t want your money to be taken by someone else. You understand of course.
- Not really. Thanks. Bye.
Avoid Grant Scams: You’ve won Free Money – just send me $$$…
No legitimate federal government employee would ever call you and tell you that you qualify or have been approved for a grant for which you never applied. Protect yourself from scammers that tell you that you need to pay a small processing fee to qualify to receive a grant for education costs, home repairs, home business expenses, or “money for nothing” grant offers.
Why it happened?
Scam by swindlers.
I’m not sure how it works, but there must be something that will make you pay the $ 200.
Where were you asked to go to?
To the Money-gram office
How did you respond?
I hang up after calling the number and giving the code to the respondent.
Is it the first time that this particular incident come to your attention?
Who initiated this call?
A male called Christopher.
What are the phone numbers given to you?
Did you provide any info for that person?
My name and confirm the State where I live.
If this swindling happened to you, pls report it to the authorities to protect yourself, your family, and your neighbors. It is serious money scams for which many people become victims recently.
Leave your comment if something similar has happened to you. Sharing incidents like this make people aware of what is going on in their communities.
Until we chat again, share your experiences with us, and get ready for a new page in your life with our hugs and kisses ❤