Thank you dear friends and readers from the US, Russia, France, & The UAE! It feels good to talk to you, and it feels even better to have a special world, away from everything else, in our realm 😉
Welcome to our new post, pls keep sending your comments, and questions. It’s a good experience for both of us to chat & talk 😉
“How terrible it is to feel defeated, while you have a valid right, or at least that is what you thought you had. Some would cry or have their eyes’ tears; some would take it easy as if it never happened.” Maria-Yvette sent us a question, to which my answer is pls just forget about it, n restart a new project. Nothing is taken for granted in our world.
My dear 1Zumba friend, since we are celebrating the 4th of July, I prepared this fast strawberry cake especially for you 😉
- 2 1/2 c. cake flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 c. butter
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. strawberry preserves
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. red food coloring
- 1/2 c. Buttermilk
- 1 3/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pt. strawberries
Bake the cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat the pan with butter, dust with flour, and tap out excess.
- Set aside. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together and set aside.
- Cream the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy in a large bowl using a mixer set at medium-high speed.
- Add 3/4 cup preserves and the eggs, one at a time, blending each addition thoroughly.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and beat in vanilla extract and the food coloring.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture by thirds, alternating with the buttermilk and ending with a final addition of the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter equally between the pans and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of oven until a tester inserted in the center of each cake layer comes out clean — about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Assemble the cake:Beat the cream and remaining sugar to soft peaks and spread over the top of one layer. (Wrap and freeze the remaining layer for up to 2 months.) Top with strawberries and drizzle with remaining preserves. Serve immediately.
This is one of the fast post we had to publish, since many asked for some sweets recipe, so this is the best we can recommend for such a great occasion.
This is where we are now celebrating with friends and family members, around lake Merritt, Oakland, CA, in that wonderful Gondola ride, next to the Lake Chalet Seafood Bar and Grill., where we will be having a very special dinner 😉
We hope you would enjoy our topic. It’s fast easy and very delicious not only too yummy. Best wishes for all of you. Be careful driving on the 4th of July pls. Here’s my kisses & hugs for all of you. ❤