Hey, beautiful world! Why are you hiding away from us? You are our real friend, just think about it, and you’ll find it the only truth! 😉 Welcome back for the US, the UK, India, Brazil, Germany, France, Canada, Italy, Norway, and Thailand friends 😉
First ask why you should have your own homemade lipstick/rouge. The answer is:
2- You will save your money. Good lipsticks and cosmetics products in general tend to be very expensive especially when they are made of natural or organic ingredients.
3- You can tailor your own mixture to your preferences. If you like Jasmine or Lavender you may add few drops of your chosen fragrance. Every element included in your product will be of your own choice. You can cancel any of the elements that you do not wish to have on your lips, and you can add other elements that you prefer pending on the combination you see suits your skin.
One of the recipes you can use for making your lipstick includes the following ingredients:
- Organic Beeswax
- Raw Organic Cocoa Butter
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Mica Powder for the shade.
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- Organic Peppermint Essential Oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa butter
- 3 tablespoons beeswax
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1 teaspoon mica powder
- Add coconut oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax to a double boiler. Heat until melted, then mix well.
- Stir in essential oils and mica powder (see previous note about increasing mica powder to create the desired color).
- To test the color, stick a chopstick or toothpick into the lipstick mixture, wait a few seconds for it to cool, then test it on your skin/lips. If a stronger color is desired, add more mica powder as needed.
- Once desired color is achieved, use the pipettes or pour mixture into the tubes. Let cool, then cap and start using!
We actually have another great recipe for lipstick but it’s a brand new one never published before, but you’ll read it -may be- next time.
Until we chat again, accept our best wishes with our topics, and with our hugs and kisses ❤