Dear friends, followers, n readers, welcome to our world; especially dear ones from the US, the UK, Spain, India, France, Kenya, n Indonesia 😉
When it is hot, I feel as if my brain is melt down like butter, haha!
Seriously, if I’m not in a moderate temperature place, I can’t think or function the way I should be. The heat burns my energy. I’m not sure if everyone else is the same, or if it is only me.
I wish you were here, my 1Zumba Friend, but you were not 😉
Anyway, I decided to go to the pool, and stay in the water until I feel better. In spite of having many reasons to go to the pool, such as:
1. Heart Helper: Swimming provides unparalleled cardiovascular conditioning, provided you practice consistently and with good technique.
2. Balance Muscles: Swimming builds longer, leaner muscles that complement the shorter denser muscles that develop from weight training. These “swimmer’s muscles” also help boost metabolism to keep calories burning longer.
3. Flexibility: After intense lactic-acid-building endurance workouts (running, cycling, weights), an easy swim helps flush out toxins preventing muscle tightness and soreness the following day.
4. Core Strength: Although 70 percent of a swimmer’s effort comes from the upper body, kick-board and fin workouts can provide an excellent leg workout.
5. Endurance: Swimmers are able to swim longer than they can what they could sustain doing other activities.
6. Adventure: There is always an adventure when you go to the pool. Try In-Shape, Walnut Creek, CA!
7. Socializing: Talking with friends and acquaintance while relaxing in the pool is a great idea, to get rid of any stress or tension in your life.
8. Weight Loss: It’s not a secret that swimming or being the pool helps in losing weight.
9. Routine Change: From time to time, you need to change your daily routine, especially when it’s summer time, and it’s getting too hot, even with having an AC running on 24/7!
10. Play: You’d have a chance to play, n playing would cheer you up, n would energize your powers. Even if you only played with your dog in the pool, still it would be a good time.
With all of this being said, some people wouldn’t be interested in swimming or going near the pool or the beach.
How about you? Go ahead n do it, what are you waiting for?! It’s 90º F here, but it feels like 120º F, a lot of changes in our climate lately 😀
5 thoughts on “HOTttttt!”
Reblogged this on 1Zumba.Com and commented:
Updated for the sake of this wave of heat 🙂 5/27/2016
Sending you cool winds and wishes from a wintery Melbourne in Australia. 🙂
Oh dear Miriam, you’re always a bless. Sure we need all of it, to cool down our fires!!
Thank you for such a great suggestion 🙂 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
My pleasure. Stay cool. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person